The Greenbelt and Greendale garden suburb projects were provided with federal art created by the WPA (Works Progress Admimistration). Here we see a statue serving as a base for a flag pole. It was created by Alonzo Hauser.
Photo from National Historic Landmark Nomination / Greendale Historic District


This shot, and the one tghat follows, show the original Greendale Fire and Police Station
Photo from Library of Congress / John Vachon


The Greendale Police Department was established in May 1938.
Photo from Library of Congress / John Vachon


A rendering of the Community Building (School and Public Library). This was situated a tad west of VILLAGE CENTER.
Drawing from Library of Congress

No comments:

Post a Comment