CHERMSIDE DRIVE-IN SHOPPING CENTRE first traded to the public in May 1957. Situated 6 miles north of the downtown district, it was open-air in format until 1965. Subsequent renovations were done in 1977, 1986-'87, 1992, 1996 and 2005-'06. The complex, acquired by the Westfield Group in late 1996, now envelops 1.5 million lettable square feet and is officially known as WESTFIELD CHERMSIDE.
Photo from http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=28297&o=all&op=1&view=all&subj=7233660735&aid=-1&id=1051343439&oid=7233660735 / "Renee"
Graphic from http://www.westfield.com