The original COUNTRY CLUB PLAZA had eight individual filling stations. Above we have a shot of the White Eagle Station, which was located at 46th Street Terrace and Mill Creek Parkway (known today as J.C. Nichols Parkway).
Photo from State Historical Society of Missouri / J.C. Nichols Company Scrapbook


Kansas City, Missouri's Emery, Bird & Thayer Dry Goods Company opened On The Plaza in 1925. The store, which was expanded in the summer of 1962, was shuttered in 1968. It's space was taken by Macy's Kansas City.  


Above we see a snow-covered Balcony Building at COUNTRY CLUB PLAZA. This structure was completed in 1927.
Photo from State Historical Society of Missouri / J.C. Nichols Company Scrapbook


The west end of the Balcony Building was occupied by Montgomery Ward for a number of years.
Photo from State Historical Society of Missouri / J.C. Nichols Company Scrapbook

No comments:

Post a Comment