Kansas City, Missouri's COUNTRY CLUB PLAZA was the first regional-class, "car culture" shopping center in the nation. The complex was developed by J.C. Nichols and designed by Edward Buehler Delk, George E. Kessler and Edward W. Tanner. Its first structure, known as the Suydam Building, opened for business in March 1923.
Photo from Wikipedia / "Charvex"
Click here for our in-depth COUNTRY CLUB PLAZA article...