IN THE BEGINNING
BELLEVUE SHOPPING SQUARE, the first of North America's post-war retail centers, opened -in the Seattle suburb of Bellevue- in August 1946. 130 miles distant, in the northwestern environs of Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada's first post war-era shopping complex would soon be completed.
PARK ROYAL CENTRE, dedicated September 1, 1950, was anchored by Vancouver-based Woodward's. The 1.5 million dollar strip plaza featured thirty stores and services, including an F.W. Woolworth 5 & 10. Its parking lot could accommodate seven hundred autos.