A grand opening announcement for Canada's second post-war shopping complex, which was built in Saint-Laurent, then a suburb city of Montreal. NORGATE CENTRE was officially dedicated December 6, 1950. The open-air strip structure housed 18 stores and services, including an S.S. Kresge 5 & 10 and Dionne supermarket. Today, the complex is virtually unchanged from its original configuration. 
Advert from The Montreal Gazette