Sydney's Westfield Development Corporation (now known as the Scentre Group or Westfield Corporation) opened WESTFIELD PLAZA, its first retail complex, in July 1959. The centre was located in the Greater Western Sydney suburb of Blacktown.


WESTFIELD PLAZA, anchored by Sydney-based Winns, featured a supermarket and 13 shops. Free parking was provided for 50 autos. Westfield sold the complex in 1973. In the present day, the WESTPOINT BLACKTOWN commercial centre spans 1,076,400 lettable square feet and contains 259 stores and services.
Photo from www.westfield.comh_westfield_com/corporate/pdf/history/chapter1.pdf


The company's next endeavor, WESTFIELD HORNSBY, was built in the Upper North Shore suburbs of Sydney. Anchored by Sydney-based McDowells, the open-air structure housed 25 shops. It began trading to the public in July 1961. In the 21st century, the shopping precinct incorporates 1,074,500 lettable square feet and 259 shops and services. 
Rendering from the Westfield Development Corporation