Our first GREENHILLS CENTER site plan is dated 1939. Only half of the shopping center planned in 1936 has been built. A south store block comprised approximately 49,800 square feet. It included a 3-level Municipal Management Building and adjacent Police & Fire Station. At the north end of the site stood a solitary Co-op Gas Station & Auto Repair Garage. 


Above we see the main shopping concourse, which faced Winton Road. This picture was snapped in October 1938.
Photo from Library of Congress / John Vachon


A year later, the same photographer took this image of the upper parking area and main shopping concourse.
Photo from Library of Congress / John Vachon