A co-op Drug Store was adjacent to the Greenbelt Theatre. It included a full-service pharmacy and luncheonette.
Photo from Library of Congress / Marion Post Wolcott


The movie house faced the open Shopping Court, whose focal point was the "Mother and Child" statue, created by WPA artist Lenore Thomas. It was officially dedicated November 12, 1939. 
Photo from Library of Congress / Marjorie Collins


In its original setting, the statue included four water fountains at its base.
Photo from Library of Congress / Marion Post Wolcott


The original Post Office in GREENBELT CENTER was a "fourth class" operation, which did not deliver mail to individual residences. 
Photo from Library of Congress / Arthur Rothstein