A mid-1940s view of the shopping hub's West Plaza structure. The "Turtles, Girdles & Yo-Yo's" (T.G. & Y.) dime store, on the left, would move into a larger space in the early 1950s.
Photo from http://www.flickr.com / White Chipmunk's Photostream / Atkinson Heritage Center



Skytrain Theatre, the onsite ATKINSON PLAZA movie house, opened for business in November 1944. It was in operation until the early 1970s.
Photo from http://www.flickr.com / White Chipmunk's Photostream / Atkinson Heritage Center



Midwest Motors, an auto dealer, began business in July 1945. This Late Moderne-style retail building was situated at the west end of ATKINSON PLAZA. At the time this photo was taken, it was a freestanding structure.
Photo from http://www.flickr.com / White Chipmunk's Photostream / Atkinson Heritage Center