The original logo of Canada's first regional-class retail complex and first shopping mall. Known as GREATER HAMILTON CENTRE, or simply THE CENTRE, it was completed in stages between November 1954 and May 1957.
The first operational store at THE CENTRE was Simpsons-Sears. The fourth location in the Toronto-based chain, it followed stores in Straford, ON (September 1953), Kamloops, BC (December 1953) and Burnaby, BC (May 1954).
Advert from https://torontoist.com / The Hamilton Spectator