A birds-eye aerial view of THE CENTRE. The original dumbell plan mall was anchored by the aforementioned Simpsons-Sears (seen on the right) and Montreal's Henry Morgan & Company (appearing on the left).
Photo from https://www.thespec.com / The Hamilton Spectator  


Mid-century shoppers stroll the 740-foot concourse at THE CENTRE. A nameplate of Birks Jewellers (a.k.a. Henry Birks & Sons) is seen on the left. Other mall stores at the time of this snapshot would include Flying Dutchman Delicatessen, Charles Coffee Shop, United Cigar Store and Muir's Bakery.
Photo from https://www.thespec.com / The Hamilton Spectator  


A circa-1957 physical layout of THE CENTRE, the Ambitious City's first suburban shopping venue. The original mall featured two freestanding -side-by-side- supermarkets. An outdoor Farmer's Market was also held in its northern parking area.


In an early '70s-vintage layout, we see how the open-air shopping hub was rebuilt as the fully-enclosed CENTRE MALL. A twin cinema and Canadian Tire store have also been developed in the western periphery of the complex. 


An interior view showing the enclosed Sears Court at the eastern end of the mallway. A Tip Top Tailors store is also visible on the left side of the image.
Photo from http://www.playle.com


By the mid-1980s, CENTRE MALL sports 3 anchor department stores; Sears, Robinson's (formerly Morgan's and The Bay) and Kmart. A new North Wing (in dark gray) also adds a Food Court to the retail mix.