The H&H COMPLEX was built on the northwest corner of the Hollywood Boulevard / Highland Avenue intersection; the epicenter of Hollywood. Originally, Hotel Hollywood (seen above) occupied the site. This circa-1902 photo shows the initial stage of the building.
Photo from the Los Angeles Public Library's Photo Collection



Hotel Hollywood was expanded between 1904 and 1908. Here we see the completed structure, which was the area's first major lodging establishment. By the 1920s, it was known as the Hollywood Hotel and was home to several silent-era movie stars. Its grand Orchid Ballroom was the place to see and be seen in Roaring '20s Tinseltown.
Photo from the Los Angeles Public Library's Photo Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment